ADHD Testing and Treatment
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD) is a common behavioral disorder that affects an estimated 8% to 10% of school-age children.
- Does your child present with a short attention span and has difficulty focusing?
- Is your child easily distracted by external stimuli or his/her own internal thoughts?
- Does your child fail to follow through on instructions?
- Does your child often give others the impression that he/she is not listening?
- Has your child displayed poor organizational skills and often looses or misplaces important things?
- Is your child highly impulsive, restless, energetic or fidgety?
- Does your child manifest anger outbursts or aggressive behavior?
- Does your child have difficulty establishing and maintaining friendships?
A child presenting with ADHD/ADD symptoms should have a comprehensive evaluation by a qualified clinician. Neuropsychological testing is a more accurate way of determining if your child or teen has ADHD or ADD and to rule out other possible disorders. Undiagnosed ADHD/ADD can interfere with your child’s educational progress, well-being and the family as a whole.
Parenting a child with ADHD/ADD can be frustrating and overwhelming. Your mornings or entire days can be filled with stress and unpredictability. You may feel your relationship with your child is a constant struggle.
NYCCPS can provide you with the tools to support and encourage your child while enjoying a stable home. ADHD testing and treatment will help you gain greater understanding of your child learning, emotional and behavioral style. To find out more about ADHD/ADD symptoms contact NYCCPS.
All children need structure, consistency, and predictability, but children with ADHD/ADD need it even more. In a structured environment, your child knows the house rules, expectations, and consequences. The structure will bring a great sense of security and stability for your child.
For more information about ADHD/ADD please visit, www.chadd.org